Saturday, February 2nd: I celebrated my 39th birthday! Yea!! I had a great day...
Randy & I went to the Razorback/Florida basketball game at 2pm. It was a great game, with the Hogs winning big. Then Randy took me to Ruth's Chris Steak House for dinner! It was EXCELLENT! (Very expensive, but fabulous service and food!). I had the petite filet and grilled shrimp and Randy had the New York Strip. The steaks were some of the best we've ever had. We each got two sides to try- sauteed mushrooms, potatoes au gratin, asparagus with Hollandaise sauce and sweet potato casserole (my favorite of all of them). We took lots of food home and ate all of the leftovers- usually I just end throwing them out a week later! After dinner we went to the Pinnacle Promenade and walked around some of the shops. It was a good birthday! Thank you, honey!
Super Bowl Sunday- Andrew had a few friends over for the game (31 of them!). The kids were all 8th graders from GJH. They were VERY well behaved and polite. They ate pizza, cookies and chips and drank TONS of cokes and gatorade! I think they all had a good time. We crammed them all into our living room where we had some 'Redneck Surround-Sound'- two TV's in the room! They also played football and basketball outside since the weather was nice.
Sweetheart Dance at GJH- February 8th: Andrew went to his first 'semi-formal' dance with his girlfriend Maggie. They looked very nice! Randy & I took them to the dance and stayed awhile to get some pictures. I don't think Andrew danced to even one song all night. He takes after his daddy on this!

Daughters of the American Revolution Awards Ceremony- Feb. 9th: We attended this ceremony where the DAR Marion Chapter recognized their award winners of several different essay contests. Andrew was presented the First Place ribbon, medal and certificate for his essay entitled: "I Spy- Espionage During the Revolutionary War". He aslo won $25 which he was most proud of!! We also found out that his essay was selected as the Second Place Winner at the state competition! We are very proud of him as usuall!
Parent/Teacher Conferences: I had conferences with both Matthew and Sam's teachers. They are both doing excellent in school. Sam was elected to the Student Council for 4th Grade! He is very excited. They both really love going to school. It is SO hard for me to belive that I will only have one more year at George Elementary after this year. It has been such a GREAT school, and we have made so many friends. The teachers are awesome and I will miss them! Sam is not sure what to think about being there all by himself next year! Matthew is excited about starting Middle School next year.
End of Basketball Season: Last night was Andrew's last basketball game. He played very well all season- starting nearly all of the games. The 8th grade team only won 2 games, but were SO CLOSE in so many of them. He will start off-season football tomorrow and will try out for the track team next week. Baseball tryouts will be in March! We just go from one sport to the next.... good thing I enjoy all of it!! He is #32 in the pics-






No comments:
Post a Comment