Saturday, March 22, 2008

March MADNESS!!!

Well, here we are- playing catch up again on the family blog. I'll post a run-down on the events since the last post...



March 2-3:


Services were held for Brian. The visitation was very moving. My mom, Frank and Jennifer came up from Sherwood. We met Kris, the kids, and Dean & Kay for lunch beforehand. It was good to have my family here for the day. The chapel was packed with people the whole length of the visitation. Brian looked good- at peace. It is so hard to comprehend that he is gone- that Kristina is now a widow and single mother, and that Makayla and Brayden have lost their daddy. The video tribute was excellent- it showed the man we all loved, before he was sick. Kristina told me, crying, that 'that is the Brian I miss so much- and he has been gone for awhile now...'


Brian's funeral was a very moving celebration of his life. I don't know that there was a dry eye in the church when it was over. Clint Smith, pastor of young adults at FBC, did the service. He spoke so perfectly about Brian's life. It was very moving. The music was incredible- Kristina had chosen songs that Brian loved. The video was played to "Praise You In This Storm" by Casting Crowns. If you have never heard this song, I encourage you to find it and listen. It has a great message. It was a very emotional day for all of us. We have spent alot of time together as a family and that has helped us all! Again- we SOOOO appreciate all of our friends who have been so supportive through this.... we love you all!!

March 11th:

My baby turned 10 years old!! Yes, my sweet little Sam is now in double digits!!! It is so hard to believe how fast they grow up! We celebrated on Sunday afternoon with 7 of his friends coming over to hang out at our house. They all played basketball and football outside (Thank you, Lord, for a beautiful, warm day!), ate pizza and brownies, and played the Wii and PS2. Sam raked in the cash and gift cards and was thrilled!! Here are a couple of pics of the big day...




March 15-24- SPRING BREAK!!


We have a nice, relaxing break... the weather started off VERY wet- over 5" of rain on Monday evening and Tuesday. Makayla came and spent the night with us on Sunday night. She, Sam and I went running around on Monday. We went to Bead It! and she made a bracelet (Sam made a cool 'guy' necklace); then we went to get manicures (Sam played the DS); then we went to eat lunch at Olive Garden. It was a fun day!


Randy, his dad, & Matthew left on Tuesday afternoon to go over to Flippin, AR. They were suppose to go trout fishing on the White River on Wednesday. Needless to say, with all the rain we had, they got over there to find out the river was above flood level and they would not be able to fish. They drove home that night in the monsoon rains and will try again in June! Matthew was disappointed (this trip was originally scheduled to include Brian), but he understood- especially when he saw how flooded the river was!


Tuesday night, I took Andrew & Maggie to ShoGun to celebrate Maggie's birthday. We had a good time. Maggie liked her presents. We came back to the house and all watched a movie. On Thursday, Andrew went with Maggie and her parents to Branson. They went to Silver Dollar City and to the Branson Landing. He said he had a good time and was worn out when he got in that night!


Thursday, Sam went with Nana, Aunt Kris, Makayla and Brayden to Tulsa. They spent the night over there and went to the Incredible Pizza place, the mall, and got to swim in the indoor pool at the motel. Sam and Makayla have gotten really close- they have such a good time together. I'm glad that Makayla will be close to him (and Andrew and Matthew, too) as she grows up. I'm sure that my boys will watch over her like a hawk! Brayden has really warmed up to all of us- we've been around him so much more lately. He loves his "Uncle Wandy" and the boys (and me, too!).


Tonight we will attend the Easter Service at church. It is suppose to rain tomorrow, so I decided that I'd rather get dressed up tonight and sleep in tomorrow morning. We will have lunch with everyone at Randy's parent's house.


MARCH MADNESS: Basketball rules our house and TV right now! We all have brackets filled out and Andrew is obsessed with all the games on TV! We had a great time watching the HOGS beat Indiana last night, and will hopefully get to see them beat NORTH CAROLINA tomorrow!


GO HOGS GO!!!




1 comment:

K. Whittington said...

hey, and here you are! wish you had told me you had a blog.. I love catching up with others this way.. I tend to get on the computer during naps and late at night so I love seeing "HOME!" great site!

Miss you all.. we were looking through the book last night the class gave us the last day.. Cale mentioned it was the best class we have EVER been a part of. I really miss home and I am Fighting Hard to get back!

I am going to tag you on my page so I can keep up better..

miss ya
k